Friday 18 May 2012

Tuskegee


From the Artist

"I was born and raised in Tuskegee, Alabama. I am a country boy and proud of it. To do this project just felt natural," says Richie."Growing up with country, R&B, gospel, and classical music from my grandmother and pop, Tuskegee was the perfect melting pot for my influences as a writer," he says, "and the title, Tuskegee, is a validation of my growing up there--the place I call home."
"As my songwriting progressed, I realized that my songs perfectly translated to the country genre," says the living legend as he taps on the keys of the piano in his state-of-the-art recording studio.
"What began as a collaboration of talented people ended up being a great group of friends getting together to make great music," says Richie.
"Tuskegee is a state of mind as it is a place," he adds, "...a place of possibility, hope, promise, self-empowerment, and where dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment